- Doing the Poison Ivy character study next, but wanted to do something a little more fun before I tackled her darker story.
- In love with the idea that Bruce and Selina no longer wearing black symbolizes they were able to leave their former lives behind. So I followed suit.
- I realize it's really irresponsible for the Bat kids to be wearing Summer clothes that correspond to their respective hero suits.. but I really just wanted to avoid any confusion. (In case you still don't know who's who, from left to right, that's Damian, Helena, Terry, Blake, Barbara, Stephanie (bottom), Jason, Tim, and Cassie
- Speaking of, a piece for Tim and Jason will happen sometime in the future. This isn't an accurate full interpretation here since they're out of costume.
- My idea is that Robin-John and Barbara take some of the more talented kids at the orphanage and form something of a Bat academy. So Tim, Steph, and Cassie train under them.
- Cassie's snorkel is similar to her Black Bat mask.
- Contrary to what you may think, my math is NOT off. When this occurs, here are the approximate ages:
- Bruce: 57 (Tom Hank's age.. also my Dad's age. My Dad is actually in better shape than I am)
- Selina: 47 (Around Halle Berry's age... who, as you know, still looks fantastic. She had Helena right away, and Terry way later.)
- Terry is around 5 here.
- Helena: 18
- Damian: 19 (Has been fighting crime way longer than his sister.. for about a decade. Unfortunately for him, he inherits his mother's height. Helena towers over him.)
- John: 38 (Has been Batman for a decade and a half)
- Barb: 34
And the other kids are college years like Helena and Damian.
(As an aside, and for people's information, Harley is in her 40s around this time. She fights Batman II while in her 30s. She didn't take over Arkham Asylum right away -- the position Crane left was vacant for years because no one wanted to take the job)
- I hope no one tries to call me out to tell me Terry's parents are Warren and Mary McGinnis. Because in an episode of Justice League, it was revealed Bruce is actually his biological father. The explanation is super ridiculous, so for the sake of streamlining, just wanted to call out he is straight-up the son of Batman and Catwoman.
It's much more better than the classical Batman dies lonely as a grumpy man DC failure itself
My only issue in this piece is Blake with Barbara. Just doesn't work for me. I know, Grayson isn't in TDKT anywhere, but for me, that's Grayson with her.
There will a epilogue for Tim, Steph and Cassie?
And someone beat you whit the ideia of Terry being Bruce and Selina son.
Oooo I love it all but I would really love to hear Jasons story (seeing as you you didn't include him as one of the orphan kids) Pretty please.
FANBOY LEVELS HAVE REACHED CRITICAL LEVELS! THIS UNIT WILL NOW SELFDESTRUCT.
Your concept and design for the whole Bat clan is really great, I loved how you incorporated all the characters in the Nolan Universe. Honestly, I was somewhat disappointed that none of the actual robin characters were not in the movie, so I love your idea of how Richard Grayson became John Blake. I have enjoyed looking at your concept and ideas and looking forward at seeming more of your art.