This just might be my favorite TDK Epilogue piece. Somehow, everything came together really easily and it got done faster than I thought it would. Plus, I really like the concept I came up with for her. Her and Harley are like the Thelma and Louise of Gotham (I would lose my mind if they were paired up as the villains in a future Batman movie)
- Wanted to avoid her having super magical plant powers. But still wanted to maintain that she's obssessed with botany. Also wanted to keep her look very flora-themed. There's the fungal infection symptoms, of course, that explain the green areas of her skin and the vine-like raises all over her body. The green dress is the same one she was captured in (from panel 1) - but it's tattered in a way where it looks leafy.
- Her kissing of victims is pretty much a Poison Ivy staple.. thus the 'infect-by-saliva' method of her killings.
- I was in debate on the tattoo because I thought it would take away from the vine-y skin. However, I really wanted to give her some Japanese floral tats. I kept it in another layer in case I wanted to get rid of it.. but discovered it gave her a nice dynamic aesthetically. After awhile, it became a must-keep. It also balances out her colors, since the flower is the color of her hair.
- I really wanted Harley to be featured too. Always felt they look great together and I love how their colors clash. It almost makes me regret not getting this piece done in time for Christmas because of the red/green theme going on.
- People may notice a special guest-star in the shadows. There's actually a specific purpose for her being there... which will be explained later in another comic strip I had in mind. I also like the idea that the 'Gotham City Sirens' happened at some point in the movie continuity.
- Try to add as many factors from her original appearance as possible. In Batman 181, Ivy wore green tights on her legs. So I made the fungal infection more spread on her legs so green is more prevalent there.
- It was hard to indicate, but in panel 1, she's wearing a lot of make-up on her body to hide the green blotches skin vines.